- Keeping it cleanNegative emissions are necessary to meet ambitious climate targets, but in order to achieve these we need both technological advances and an economic environment that promotes such activity.
- Climate research must sharpen its viewHuman activity is changing Earth's climate. Now that this has been acknowledged and accepted in international negotiations, climate research needs to define its next frontiers.
- Delays in US mitigation could rule out Paris targetsPolitical upsets could stall coordinated international mitigation action, but emissions and investments over the next few years will have long-term consequences. Any delays to mitigation or cuts to renewable energy research by the US will likely render the 2 °C target unachievable if a global precedent is set.
- Snapshot: Extreme Arctic heat
- Ecological resilience: Drought sensitivity
- Keeping it clean