On Saturday, June 25, was held a tour near Talca city to kick off the new Truffle Season. This plantation is a pioneering and demonstration project of Foundation for Agrarian Innovation (FIA, Ministry of Agriculture of Chile). These results on black truffles Production are the fruit of more than 6 years of applied research, which has successfully demonstrated that truffle growing is feasible around some areas of the country and certainly with a huge potential for future growth as a new and exclusive industry gourmet such as black truffle (Tuber melanosporum).
New Truffle harvest season in Talca
- Keeping it cleanNegative emissions are necessary to meet ambitious climate targets, but in order to achieve these we need both technological advances and an economic environment that promotes such activity.
- Climate research must sharpen its viewHuman activity is changing Earth's climate. Now that this has been acknowledged and accepted in international negotiations, climate research needs to define its next frontiers.
- Delays in US mitigation could rule out Paris targetsPolitical upsets could stall coordinated international mitigation action, but emissions and investments over the next few years will have long-term consequences. Any delays to mitigation or cuts to renewable energy research by the US will likely render the 2 °C target unachievable if a global precedent is set.
- Snapshot: Extreme Arctic heat
- Ecological resilience: Drought sensitivity
- Keeping it clean